- Modular Java Workflow Environment
- 10 Plus Years of Proven Technoogy
- Sophisticated Drag & Drop Composition
- Web Services
- Comprehensive Toolbox Libraries
- Use Triana on a wide variety of data: numerical data, either taken from an experiment or generated by Triana; audio data; images; even text files.
- Triana comes with a wide variety of built-in tools. There is an extensive
signal-analysis toolkit, an image-manipulation toolkit, a desk-top publishing
toolkit, and many more. Most Triana tools will show you a parameter
window, so you can adjust the way they work. Parameters can typically
be changed dynamically, without interrupting the flow of data.
- Triana will display your data, either in a text-editor window or in a versatile
graph-display window. The grapher will display several curves at once
and will allow you to zoom in on interesting features and mark them.
- Triana is particularly good at automating repetitive tasks, such as performing
a find-and-replace on all the text files in a particular directory, or
continuously monitoring the spectrum of data that comes from an experiment
that runs for days or even years. If you run an experiment, Triana
can help you save the cost of buying extra expensive oscilloscopes or spectrum
analyzers: just let your laptop or lab PC do the job. If you maintain
a web site you will find you can automate many of your tedious updating
tasks. If you are a teacher, you can simplify the maintenance of student
records and the grading of papers. If you regularly create reports, Triana
will allow you to feed updated data directly into the finished document,
no matter how it is formatted.
- Triana is a wonderful assistant in the classroom or teaching laboratory. It
can help you to make demonstrations of analysis techniques, to generate
simulated experimental data, to display graphs of complicated functions.
- If the tools supplied with Triana do not do what you need, Triana contains
a wizard that helps you to create new ones, with parameter windows. Or
you can use tools that are available on another web site, directly over the
Internet, without having to copy them to your computer.
- Triana includes many features to ensure that your programs should work
as you want them to. It checks data types and tells you if you have connected
up tools that are not compatible. It gives you clear error messages
if problems arise during the run and offers advice on how to avoid the
situation. You can easily insert display units to monitor intermediate results
and track down more subtle errors. Triana traps serious errors so the
program will not crash; at worst you need only restart the calculation.